Monday, November 20, 2006

Yosemite

Last weekend some friends and I made a day trip to Yosemite. We left Saturday night about 2:30 in the morning. We only stopped for gas and once to look at the stars because there was a meteor shower that night too. When stopped Mike realized he forgot to bring shoes, DUMBASS! So the begining of the day started out with us trying to get food and shoes at 6 in the morning but nothing was open yet. Once things started opening and mike got some shoes we were able to begin our day...

Merced River
This is the Merced river that runs through the middle of the Yosemite Valley. We stopped here on the way into the valley in the morning. It was fucking cold! (both the water and outside)

Yosemite Falls
The first place we went was the Yosemite falls. I wanted to hike to the top because I've never been but that was quickly denied. I guess hikeing about 3,000 vertical feet in 3 miles didn't sound fun to them. So we just played around at the lower falls

Lower Falls
The waterfalls are fed by snow melt and because of the lack of snow we were lucky to see even this much water coming over the falls. I would like to come back sometime during the spring/summer to see them in their true glory.

Yosemite Falls close
But you can't get this close when they are flowing good.

Pool and Rocks
Mike and I climbed up the hill next to the falls and this is a shot from about midway up looking back over the valley. That pool looks like it would be fun to swim in if it wasn't so cold.

V Framed Valley
At the top of the little climb there was a slab of rock that formed a little cave/tunnel. This is looking out at the valley from the left side.

Right side
Here is the view from the right side.

Group Shot
After our fun at the falls we decied to head on an adventure to higher ground. (from left to right Tianna, Mike, Tana, Me) I was smiileing but the guy took forever to take the picture so i gave up cheeseing.

Car Shot
Here a picture looking back on the Valley. I quickly took this out the window thinking i didn't want to miss this angle. Turns out right after i snapped it we stopped. The pictures after we stopped came out shitty.

T view
We stopped a lot to check out the different views. None of us had ever been up to this area before so it was all new to us.

Nevada and Vernal Falls
This is the right finger of the Yosemite Valley(the valley makes a Y shape) showing Nevada falls at the top and Vernal falls down lower.

Half Dome
At the end of the road was Glacier Point. When I got out of the car this is all I could see and I knew things would be good here.

Half Dome postcard shot
This picture is one of the scenes I picture when I think of Yosemite.

Don't trip
Glacier point was right on the edge of the valley wall and it was pretty scary. I'm normally not too scared of heights but this was hard to look off of. If the wall/railing wasn't there I would not be able to get so close. I estimated this at about 2,500-3,000ft, based on that yosemite falls is about 2,700 feet tall and looking across the valley at it it looked like we were higher than the top. DAMN!

Tianna and I

Tianna and I

ME!
Of course you have to get pictures taken of yourself in a situation like this. I want to go right here next time.

1 Comments:

Blogger KevinSterlingPayne said...

I'm diggin the pics yo. Thems some big ass rocks ya found in that ther yosamite! Yeeehaaaaaw

11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home